The beauty of real bronze is its durability. If a bronze cast is dropped on a solid floor, it won’t break, which means that big and little fingers alike can play with and explore the casts – bronze casts are certainly very tactile objects.
Our real bronze casts can be finished in traditional dark patina, medium patina or highly-polished and displayed on your choice of a slate base or cushion.
- From £430 for a single baby cast (up to 6 months)
- Prices for a pair of casts are £795 (up to 6 months) and £875 (6-12 months)
Unlike some companies our prices are all inclusive and include:
- A home casting session if you are within our catchment areas. Alternatively you can come to our workshop in Battersea and receive a 10% discount
- Moulds of your casts for you to keep which act as insurance. Copies can be made from these should anything happen to your original casts.
- Your choice of a slate or cushion to display your casts on. If this is not required will will deduct this from you final price.
- Safe delivery of your casts. Or you can pick the casts up from the workshop and we’ll deduct any postage costs.
Please contact us regarding larger casts and we will be more than happy to provide details and prices. Price varies depending on the size of the cast and the cost of bronze at the time of casting, so we will always confirm costs.
Engraving is not included in the price but can be arranged from £90 per pair of casts
Taking the moulds is the same as for our resin casts (see how it works) but creating a bronze baby hand cast or baby foot cast requires a different specialist process:
- First, a perfect wax replica of the cast is made.
- A specialist foundry then uses the ‘lost wax method’ to cast the real bronze which involves pouring molten bronze into the wax mould.
- Finally, it takes a true expert to finish (or ‘chase’) the cast and bring out the detail in the required patina.
- The total process is highly skilled from start to finish, and can take up to 12 weeks to complete.
To learn more about bronze read our blog “real bronze casts”