Engraving and Hallmarking
We offer 6 font choices for machine engraving on cold casts, foundry bronze and sterling silver and can advise as to which font size and style will best suit your casts. If you have a particular font that you would like, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate that choice for you.
Glass casts and blocks can also be engraved and an extensive choice of fonts and styles are available.
- Single cast £50
- Pair of casts £80
When casts are over 9 cm in height, such as a holding-hands cast, they cannot be machine engraved, so we offer professional hand engraving instead.
Prices start from £125 per cast.
All our sterling silver casts are fully UK hallmarked. We use the Goldsmiths' Company Assay Office in London.
The hallmark includes:
- IC - our Image Casting "Maker's Mark"
- Traditional Fineness symbol- the Lion indicates sterling silver
- Millesimal Fineness Mark - 925 sterling silver
- Assay Office Mark - the Leopard's head is the town mark for London and the Goldsmiths' Company Assay Office
- Date Letter Mark - the letter, font, case and shield shape indicate the year of make