The transparency and light in a glass baby foot or hand cast produces a product of beauty as well as of strong emotional significance. It is something that will take pride of place in your home and that you will value more and more as your children grow.
Our glass casts are hand made by experts in their field and we work closely with them to develop products that our customers will treasure. The most popular is clear glass – freestanding casts and glass blocks.
We are creating a ‘glass pebble’ that is a perfect christening or birth gift. It is incredibly tactile and absorbing as you glance down into the amazing detail of a tiny precious foot.
We also offer coloured glass for those that are more adventurous or have a specific idea in mind.
We would love to talk though any ideas that you may have.
Price varies depending on the size of the cast. Our casts start at £390 for a single foot and £650 per pair. Blocks start from £825. Please contact us for a quote.
Prices quoted include:
- a home casting session if you are within our catchment areas,
- moulds of your casts which act as an insurance as copies can be made should anything happen to your original casts,
- your choice of a slate or cushion to display your casts on
- safe delivery of your casts.
Engraving is not included in the price but can be arranged
Taking the moulds is the same as for our resin casts (see how it works) but creating a glass baby hand cast or baby foot cast requires a different specialist process:
- First, a perfect wax replica of the cast and a silicone mould is made.
- A specialist glass foundry then takes the cast and carefully creates a glass version using their expertise to finish the cast and bring out the fine detail.
- The total process is highly skilled from start to finish, and can take up to 8 weeks to complete.